Thursday, July 02, 2015

Digging

Digging, digging, digging....and more digging---or rather sketching into my imagination for ideas for a new series of paintings I want to embark on. While I'm digging through the studios at home and rearranging things, getting rid of clutter ( old paintings and 7 years of studio build up from my home as well as old school studio) I am digging into my head to come up with some new concepts or ideas as paintings. Here are some sketches from today's lunch break.

I want to do figure paintings for sure and I'm working out lots of thumbnails and roughs in my sketchbook. Its like trying to draw a dream in a way, and it might be a long process till I finalize the concepts and hire models or maybe even work from my imagination or Google. Hiring models is always somewhat problematic as they come and go and when you find one who's great you really want to work with them for a long time.

So far nothing yet, I feel the pressure in my head for something I am not quite getting yet, a dream thats out of focus--like an oil well tapped  and stuffs coming out, but so far no oil, just muddy water...but it will come. I have plenty of paper and pencils to find it!

1 comment:

lost_in_woods said...

thank you for posting , click here for any help in Shop Drawings Preparation in Uk