Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Animation Backgrounds: The Steranko Effect

More from the Manley Archives:




These are a few backgrounds from Superman which were based on the style of Steranko's Nick Fury comic work. That episode had a very S.H.I.E.L.D. feel to it and they wanted me do work on the BG's on that show since I was a comics guy and also a Steranko /Kirby fan as well.

These were all inked with a micron pen to keep it very clean and I had my S.H.I.E.L.D. comics out for inspiration the whole time. The tone was done with a Prisma Color pencil using the canvas pad under the drawing to get the texture. These were a lot of fun to do, I really liked working on Superman and still think it's one of the best interpretations of the character

1 comment:

lost_in_woods said...

thank you for posting , click here for any help in Shop Drawings Preparation in India